- This event has passed.
CHC81115 Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution delivery in South Australia
October 26, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm AEDT
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Monday, repeating until February 10, 2021
This qualification is on the approved list of courses for Vet Student Loans. Check your eligibility here. To understand your obligations under the VET Student Loans program please see this document here, which includes information on the application process, ongoing student obligations, and how to cease accessing a VSL.
This course is delivered online, in its majority, with the face-to-face days available in Sydney (Macquarie Park), Adelaide (Hindmarsh) and Perth (West Leederville) only.
Develop the skills and knowledge to help separating parties make decisions that result from their situation. Help separating parties identify assets and debts and decide how they will be shared, and help parties reach parenting agreements for children’s well-being and care. This practice-based qualification is designed for professionals in the law and/or social science sectors who are seeking work within the community-based family law arena.
In this course, you will gain the required skills to work as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) in Australia. Participants who successfully complete the learning and assessment activities will acquire knowledge of the legal principles underpinning mediation and develop the skills to support non-adversarial family dispute resolution.
Being employed as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner is important and challenging work. Assist separating couples by facilitating conversations around sensitive matters, to develop their own agreements. Help separating parties identify assets and debts and decide how they will be shared, and help parties reach parenting agreements for children’s well-being and care.
Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) or Mediation is a way of jointly dealing with the complex issues of children, finances, and property, when a marriage or long-term relationship comes to an end. Mediation facilitates conversations around sensitive matters, to assist people to develop their own agreements. This process often reduces the need for stressful, expensive court hearings, and helps keep legal costs to a minimum.
Practice frameworks for detecting risks during separation, such as family violence, parenting stress, mental health concerns and child harm, are central to the course. Child-focused practice and an introduction to child inclusive mediation are embedded within this qualification.
Graduates of this course will have the relevant professional qualification required for registration with the Federal Attorney General. This entitles graduates to provide Family Dispute Resolution services to clients in Australia.
Students have free access to the following online programs:
- AVERT Family Violence Basics
- AVERT Family Violence Screening and Safety Planning
- AVERT Family Violence Responding to Perpetrators of Family Violence (value $55)
- Family DOORS Online Training Program (value $175)
- Child Focused Practice Online
- Working with Seniors – Safeguarding their Interests (value $75)
- Property Law and Practice Skills for Mediators (value $500)
Work Placement Requirements
- Students are required to complete 50 hours of dispute resolution work with clients, under the supervision of an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP), in a dispute resolution service or simulated environment, reflecting real work requirements. Eligible students are considered for work placements with Family Relationship Centres in SA, NSW and WA through the Relationships Australia partnership network.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.