- This event has passed.
*CANCELLED* Tough Conversations for Frontline Staff | Sydney
November 13, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 6:30 pm AEDT$330
Tough Conversations for Frontline Staff is a practical workshop for those at the frontline of a school, council or service organisation to manage difficult, emotional encounters with members of the public.
This workshop provides the practical elements and skills for effectively dealing with offensive behaviour as it arises and what to say to defuse strong emotions.
Attendees will see video examples of both poorly conducted conversations and, by contrast, more effective conversations.
The course teaches a method to:
- Reasonable expectations to hold about a persons ability to exert self-control so that you can respond appropriately.
- An understanding of what constitutes ‘normal’ versus ‘abnormal’ in behaviour.
- How to describe a problem using a template approach.
- Important conflict resolution one-liners to recall when managing a tough conversation.
- What the research is saying about great customer service and satisfaction.
- What you can do to assist someone to regain control.
- How to factually and reliably record an incident in the case of further reporting.
- Practise at completing the re-useable worksheets.
Please note that this is not a train-the-trainer course and it is not designed for the subsequent on-training of other workers back at your workplace. Participants will sign a training agreement to this effect on the day of training.
- Training in how to conduct difficult conversations using a script to achieve accountability
- A training manual containing course notes
- Re-usable worksheets to prepare for a difficult conversation
- A certificate of completion
- Lunch and refreshments.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.