Website CatholicCare Sydney
· Be part of a skilled multidisciplinary team building innovative practice to support separated families do the best job for their children in Sydney’s culturally diverse South West
· Join us in this new phase of extending our trauma informed approaches to FDR, and developing new child focussed assessment and referral protocols for family violence
· Conduct FDR as part of the multidisciplinary team supporting the newly funded and exciting CALA Project; Culturally and Legally Assisted Family Dispute Resolution
· Seeking applications from FDR practitioners from CALD or ATSI background
· Join a team committed to training and supervision to support innovative and collaborative service development
· Bankstown based
· Maximum duration 32 hour position available
· Salary packaging available
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
· Ability to undertake the duties of the role in accordance with CatholicCare’s Mission, Vision and Values and its Code of Ethics and Conduct, as well as a demonstrated ability to work from a person centred and approach
· Relevant tertiary qualifications in social sciences, law or conflict resolution and registration as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner in accordance with Attorney General’s Department (AGD) requirements
· Demonstrated capacity and skills in post-separation family dispute resolution, including clinical assessments and working with clients with difficult or complex presenting issues including family violence, conflict, trauma and loss
· Demonstrated knowledge of child development and child protection issues
· Demonstrated excellent ability to actively collaborate, communicate clearly and respond with respect.
· Demonstrated experience in working with culturally and linguistically diverse clients.
· Aptitude to participate in alternative models of mediation such as trauma informed mediation, culturally and legally assisted mediation and child informed mediation.
· Driver’s license and capacity to travel to other sites to provide FDR services as required.
· Working with Children Check
CatholicCare Sydney is the official social services agency of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Sydney. We are a leading not-for-profit agency providing care and support to people in Sydney across a wide range of social services: Children and families, relationships, ageing, disability, employment, mental health and youth programs
Contact Yvonne de Borde , Project Co-ordinator, Bankstown FRC Phone 9707 8555 or mobile ………
How to apply
Obtain an Applicant Info Kit (containing the detailed position description outlining the key accountabilities and selection criteria) by visiting www.catholiccare.org/work-us
After reviewing the selection criteria and the Applicant Info Kit, please email email@example.com the following:
· a brief letter addressing the selection criteria, describing how your skills, work experience, qualifications/training and personal attributes match each of the selection criteria; and
· a brief resume.
(Applications that do not address the selection criteria or provide a resume may not be considered).
The selection process
CatholicCare may use a range of tools and techniques to assess the suitability and relative merit of applicants including, but not limited to the following:
· assessment activities
· referee reports.
9am Monday 6th August 2017.
CatholicCare requires the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment and may also require a Working with Children Check.
CatholicCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice for Women. People of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply; people living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Jenny.Kadwell@catholiccare.org