Website Centacare North Queensland
- Full time fixed term to June 2019
- 0.5 Family Relationship Services & 0.5 Gambling Help – Mt Isa
Centacare NQ has been providing high quality services across the North Queensland community for more than 30 years. With a team of dedicated professional staff operating from offices situated in Townsville, Ayr, Bowen, Mt Isa, Cloncurry, Longreach and Normanton, Centacare provides counselling, family support, mediation, family dispute resolution, disability services, education and courses, crisis housing and homelessness support, youth services, community engagement and aged care services.
Benefits you will enjoy
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Day off for your birthday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 to significantly increase your take home pay
- Loyalty incentives
- Up to 6 free counselling sessions for employees and their immediate families.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Counsellor to work over our two programs, Family Relationship Services and Gambling Help Program based in our Mt Isa office. Within the Gambling Help program, you will provide counselling, support, education and referral services to individuals impacted by problem gambling. This includes the affected individual, their family and friends, and the wider community. This position also requires regular outreach to communities in surrounding areas. Within the Family Relationship Services program, you will deliver professional counselling services to individuals, couples, children and families that focus on family and relationship issues. In this role you will provide counselling to families, children and individuals using approaches that are flexible and appropriate for building and maintaining strong family relationships.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology or Behavioural Sciences
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impact and issues related to addiction, namely problematic gambling and associated behaviours.
- You will also have experience in delivering evidence-based therapeutic counselling interventions to formulate therapy plans, set goals and facilitate a positive approach in working with individuals to achieve these goals within established time frames.
- The ability to obtain a Blue and Yellow card and hold a current C class diver license
If this opportunity is something you are interested in, then we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience, qualifications and knowledge will enable you to exceed in this role.
For more information or a confidential discussion, contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 29 August 2018
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org