CentacareCQ is a large, vibrant and well respected community org
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a full-time Domestic Violence Counsellor – Men’s Support to join their dedicated Health and Wellbeing Services Team, based in Emerald.
This position provides counselling and support to people, predominantly men, who are at risk of, or are experiencing, domestic and family violence. Together with the Health and Wellbeing Services team, you will work to achieve safer communities through prevention and early intervention activities.
Duties of the role include:
- Provide services for men who perpetrate domestic and family violence that are safe, responsible and accountable in the context of community responses and legal sanctions
- Develop, plan and implement psycho-educational programs to men who perpetrate domestic and family violence
- Engage in integrated community responses to domestic and family violence
- Liaise effectively with appropriate response service providers for referrals and networking purposes, including: police, Child Safety, Men’s Helpline and legal services
- Provide empowerment-based advocacy services to clients
- Undertake case monitoring and review
- Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines, funding accountability and professional responsibilities
- Travel to provide services at a range of CentacareCQ sites including, but not limited to, schools, outreach centres and other agencies
- Work flexible hours to meet client need, including possible work outside of normal business hours
- As needed provide counselling and educational services under other Health and Wellbeing Services Programs as per funding and organisational guidelines
- Complete all required administrative duties including case notes, client bookings and the collection of data as per organisation policies and procedures