Website Relationships Australia NSW
Relationship support services for individuals, couples, families
– A fantastic opportunity to join the existing team of Family Advisors
– Part time role working 4 days per week
– 1 Year Fixed term contract
– Based in Penrith
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
Family Relationship Centres (FRC are funded by the Commonwealth government to strengthen and assist families and provide support through family separation. Core services provided by the Centres include assessment, information provision, referral and Family Dispute Resolution. Relationships Australia (NSW) operates FRC’s in Bathurst, Penrith, Blacktown, Northern Beaches, Macquarie Park and Sydney City (CBD).
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative Family Advisor to join our team based in Penrith Centre. If you have a background working with families with complex needs and separated families and have a passion for making a positive social impact through the work you do, this could be the right role for you.
About the role:
Some of the responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
– Providing professional telephone and face-to-face client services including;
-providing needs assessments;
-Participating in community events and interagency meetings;
-Being part of a tight-knit dedicated team of Family Advisors who deliver quality services to families with complex needs and separated families.
About the successful candidate
This is a 1 year fixed term position working part time 4 days per week and the successful candidate will have:
– A degree or diploma in social work, counselling, psychology, welfare or health related services;
– Experience in the human services environment in working directly with clients (families and Children)who may be experiencing significant crises, domestic violence or separation;
– Demonstrable skills in client assessment, engagement and awareness of issues relating to client safety, confidentiality and the requirements of relevant legislation (Care and Protection of Children Act, Family Law Act and Privacy Act).
– Proficiency in the use of IT for data entry and record keeping and communication;
– Excellent written / verbal skills – a basic level of counselling skills will be well regarded.
For more information about the role and details on how to apply, click on the link below:
RANSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Australia’s First Nations people are encouraged to apply. Through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), we aim to drive greater equality by practical actions to build strong relationships, increased employment opportunities, and enhanced respect between First Nations peoples and other Australians. RANSW’s RAP can be found on our website at www.nsw.relationships.com.au/RAP
RANSW recognises the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We work hard to promote a supportive work environment and we have a strong focus on professional development. We offer a range of benefits including salary packaging with significant tax-free benefits.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON SUNDAY 18 OCTOBER 2017, 9.00PM