Website Relationships Australia Victoria
Positive, safe and respectful relationships
- Deliver supportive services to clients affect by forced adoption.
- Full-time, 3 year fixed-term contract.
- Salary range $97k – $100k pa, tax-free benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced professional to coordinate the activities across multiple centres to deliver supportive services to clients affected by forced adoption.
Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) is a valued provider of specialist family and relationship services. Our vision is for positive, safe and respectful relationships for couples, families, schools, workplaces and communities. Our objective is to relieve suffering, distress and helplessness and to enhance physical, social and emotional wellbeing. As a community-based, not-for-profit organisation with no religious affiliations, our services are for all members of the community, regardless of religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, your responsibilities include supervising a team of Therapeutic Case Managers on a day-to-day basis and overseeing the Forced Adoption Support Services (COMPASS) program, a state-wide service.
COMPASS provides specialist support to people affected by past forced adoption policies and practice. The program compliments and enhances existing services funded by state government and aim to improve access to peer support, professional counselling and records tracing.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Behavioural Sciences or other relevant tertiary qualification required.
- Experience in supervising, leading and managing a team for the successful achievement of program goals and tasks.
- Significant therapeutic assessment, formulation and case planning experience in a setting relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated experience of therapeutic work with individuals and their families and knowledge of the impact of trauma on adult functioning.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively intervene, prioritise and manage crisis situations.
This role is based in our Sunshine centre. This position is full-time and the successful candidate will be offered a 3 year fixed-term contract.
What we offer: You will receive a competitive remuneration package plus superannuation and salary packaging. RAV is an ‘Employer of Choice’ in the community sector providing ongoing professional development training, flexible leave, paid maternity leave as well as other work and life integration benefits to our staff.
RAV is a Public Benevolent Institution and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. RAV requires a satisfactory National Police and Working with Children Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For more information and a copy of the position description, visit our Careers page at www.relationshipsvictoria.com.au/careers.
If you have a specific query, contact Michael Muldoon, General Manager Operations, phone 03 8573 2222.
Applications close on Tuesday 26th June, 2018.