Website Relationships Australia Victoria
Positive, safe and respectful relationships
· Multiple casual positions.
· $49-$53 per hour (includes casual loading).
· Located in Shepparton.
This is an exciting opportunity for motivated, experienced Group Facilitators to work as part of an integrated Family Violence team and contribute to maintaining and strengthening Relationships Australia Victoria’s Men’s Behaviour Change programs.
Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) is a valued provider of specialist family and relationship services. Our vision is for positive, safe and respectful relationships for couples, families, schools, workplaces and communities. Our objective is to relieve suffering, distress and helplessness and to enhance physical, social and emotional wellbeing. As a community-based, not-for-profit organisation with no religious affiliations, our services are for all members of the community, regardless of religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
About the role:
Reporting to the Centre Manager Shepparton, your responsibilities include delivering specific family violence group programs to men who have used violent and controlling behaviours towards family members in the Hume region.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, or a related social science discipline.
- A demonstrated understanding of the men’s behaviour change process and the gendered nature of family violence and commitment to advocating for non-violence, and to living non-violently.
- Commitment to enhancing the safety of women and children who have experienced male family
- Completion of ‘No to Violence’ Graduate Certificate in Male Behaviour Change Group Facilitation, Swinburne University and previous facilitating experience (preferable); and/or willingness to complete the NTV 4-day Introduction to Men’s Behaviour Change course.
- Previous experience in facilitation of Men’s Behaviour Change Programs (advantageous).
This role is based across at our Shepparton centre. As a casual, you can expect that some or all of this work will be outside of normal office hours.
What we offer: You will receive a competitive remuneration package plus superannuation. RAV is an ‘Employer of Choice’ in the community sector providing ongoing professional development training, flexible leave, paid maternity leave as well as other work and life integration benefits to our staff.
To apply go to www.relationshipsvictoria.com.au/careers. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria, along with a current resume. If you have a specific query, contact Katie Meehan, Family Violence Coordinator, phone 0427 260 812.
RAV is a Public Benevolent Institution and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. RAV requires a satisfactory National Police and Working with Children Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.