Established in 2007, Family and Relationship Services Australia (FRSA) is the respected, informed and authoritative voice on the family and relationship services sector.
FRSA supports and represents the needs and interest of a strong, diverse and adaptable membership and the children, families and communities they serve.
We represent Members Australia-wide, from private, community-based and local government services providers.
FRSA promotes, advances, informs and educates the community on the work of FRSA members. The organisation is active in accurate report and coverage of information and present at events relevant to the family and relationships services sector.
FRSA contributes to government policies, provides input into Australian Government reviews, inquires and consultative processes and supports the sector by responding to emerging issues and trends and influences public debate and discussion.
FRSA welcomes inquiries for interview requests and information relative to events and developments in Family and Relationship policy and developments in Australia.
Member organisations are encouraged to engage FRSA to support existing or planned media campaigns.
- FRSA urges Family Law inquiry committee to keep the best interests of children front and centre (3 February 2020)
- Government can solve funding crisis (18 September 2020)
- Federal budget delivers crucial funding certainty for Family and Relationship Services sector (8 October 2020)
- FRSA welcomes new Attorney-General and Minister for Social Services (21 December 2017)
- Australia Government announces further funding for the family and relationship services sector (23 November 2017)
- Biggest event on the family and relationship calendar comes to Melbourne (22 November 2017)
- Professor Helen Rhoades to lead landmark review of family law system (29 September 2017)
- More support services for LGBTIQ people (11 August 2017)
- Taking a public health approach in the delivery of family and relationship services (29 March 2017)
- FRSA National Conference kicks off today (29 November 2016)
- Celebrating a decade of Family Relationship Centres and Communities for Children programs (28 November 2016)
- FRSA says Investing in prevention and early intervention services will be key in Try, Test, Learn Fund solutions (20 September 2016)
- Government gives certainty to vital family support services (01 August 2013)
- Federal Budget reinforces value of family support services (14 May 2013)
- Peak Body questions fee increases for Federal Courts (18 April 2013)
- ‘Where’s the money going to go?’ Family Court fee hike questioned (28 February 2013)
- Funding boost applauded by peak body (31 January 2013)
- FRSA Welcomes Royal Commission’s Terms of Reference (11 January 2013)
Below is a list of useful links for media professionals seeking information on Australian families.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics Social Trend Data; Marriage, divorce, fertility and family structures.
- Australian Institute of Family Studies, Child Family Community Australia; Quality, evidence-based publications and resources for professionals in the areas of protecting children, supporting families and strengthening communities.
- Child Protection Data; from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
- Australian Relationship Indicators; Research from Relationships Australia.
- Mindframe; An online resource developed with the assistance of media professionals, suicide and mental health experts to inform appropriate reporting of suicide and mental illness.
FRSA provides a number of e-mail subscriptions specifically designed to keep our members and interested parties up-to-date on the latest news and events in the family support sector. FRSA provides the following subscriptions.
Sign up to FRSA’s free fortnightly eBulletin to receive updates on family and relationship sector news, Parliamentary updates, advocacy initiatives and upcoming events and training.
Media Review (FRSA Members Only)
As a Member of FRSA, you are entitled to receive our weekly Media Review – a snapshot of the current and trending topics in the family and relationship sector.
Subscribe to FRSA’s Conference Update for all event information – including call for papers, registration, accommodation details, special offers for delegates and more!
Member Alert (FRSA Members Only)
As a Member of FRSA, subscribing to our Member Alert allows FRSA to connect with you directly, providing first to know information, updates on current activities FRSA have been working on, impacts to the sector, and Member related information delivered directly to your inbox.
Join the conversation on Facebook
Each day FRSA posts relevant news, feel good stories and information from our membership on Facebook. Like us today.
Follow us on Twitter
FRSA tracks the latest and most relevant news to our sector daily and posts it to Twitter. Follow us and use #FRSA to find what’s happening.
Join FRSA on LinkedIn
Stay informed and up to date with the FRSA page on LinkedIn for sector information, jobs, membership and more! Join us today.
View FRSA on YouTube
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and keep up to date the FRSA’s latest videos from our events and more!