Post Separation Support Service Scholarships
Family & Relationship Services Australia is proud to announce that the Attorney-General’s Department is funding another round of Post Separation Support Service scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
These scholarships, administered by FRSA, provide qualifications that support the delivery of non-court based family services (as defined under the Family Law Act 1975) and other post separation services (funded under the Family Relationships Programme Appropriation).
Nationally endorsed qualifications associated with Post Separation Support Services include:
- Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution (or equivalent short courses for FDR practitioner accreditation)*;
- Graduate Certificate in Family Dispute Resolution;
- Diploma of Family Intake and Support Work;
- Graduate Diploma in Relationship Counselling;
- Diploma of Community Services (Case management)**;
- Diploma and Certificate IV of Community Development**;
- Diploma of Counselling;
- Diploma of or Certificate IV in Children’s Contact Services Work;
- Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention;
- Certificate IV in Community Services (Information, advice, referral)**; and
- Certificate IV in Telephone Counselling Skills.
For more course information go to: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CHC08. To find out more about the scholarships please see the information booklet. To apply please complete the application form and send it us at email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 29 November, 2017
* Please contact the Practitioner Accreditation Unit, Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department (AGD) on 1800 025 255 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your application for accreditation after completing the Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution. More information about how you can apply for accreditation can be found on the AGD website: https://www.ag.gov.au/Families AndMarriage/Families/FamilyDisputeResolution/Pages/Becomingafamilydisputeresolutionpractitioner.aspx
** Courses in Community Development and Community Services must contain electives that are specific to the delivery of post separation support services, e.g. community work, working with children and young people, domestic and family violence etc.