ADVANCED GROUP WORK
The workshop develops the necessary skills for group leaders to work effectively with resistance when seen in a group setting. The training covers the principles of using trauma informed group work techniques and tools, changing group dynamics, increased understanding of motivational group work models for change and the use of practical creative exercises. It also includes a focus on Impact Therapy and how it is used in group work to maximize multi-sensory, motivational, marketing and the use of psychological tools and maps to improve outcomes. Attendees need to have previous experience in group leadership.
- Reflection on difficult group situations created by each participant and its exploration regarding ideas, theories and responses that may assist
- Increased knowledge of the different types of resistance that can be exhibited in a group
- Explore the use of advanced group facilitation skills
- Increased confidence to run a group with members with differing mind sets
- Increased use of multi-sensory tools to increase motivation and support change
- Increased skills on how to address resistance within a group setting through the development of resilience and a persons’ responses to challenging situations
- Increased confidence to effectively engage with resistant clients.