ANROWS’s 2nd National Research Conference: Acting on Evidence
May 15 - May 17
Acting on Evidence
The theme for ANROWS’s 2nd National Research Conference on Violence against Women and their Children is Acting on Evidence.
The Conference program reflects the six national outcomes of The Nation Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010 – 2022. Each session features researchers and policy or practice partners discussing new evidence in these areas and its application. Acting on Evidence will present the transfer of knowledge to practice in ensuring:
- Communities are safe and free of violence
- Relationships are respectful
- Indigenous communities are strengthened
- Services meet the needs of women and their children experiencing violence
- Justice responses are effective
- Perpetrators stop their violence and are held to account for their actions
The conference is an opportunity for delegates to share their knowledge and advice on policy development and improved service responses.
Set over 3 days at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth in Sydney, the Conference will be a chance to learn, connect, and reflect as we meet the challenge of responding to violence against women and their children.