- This event has passed.
Assessing for Parenting Capacity
May 17, 2018$242
This workshop is for anyone who works with children, young people and their families whose role it is to assess the capacity of the parent or parents to care for their child and use this assessment to plan an effective intervention, where needed, to improve the parenting that the child or young person receives.
The training will cover:
- the dimensions of parenting capacity;
- different sources of information that may be used to assess for parenting capacity and how to integrate that information into a well formulated plan;
- observation and interviewing skills in relation to assessing for parenting capacity;
- the dimensions of parent-child interaction;
- observation and interviewing skills in relation to assessing parent-child interaction and;
- an introduction to preparing reports on parenting capacity and parent-child interaction.