- This event has passed.
Building Resilient Workers – Campbelltown, NSW (Nov)
November 15, 2016$242
Resilience has been described as the capacity to adapt well in the face of adversity and to ‘bounce back’ from difficult experiences including significant sources of stress. In the face of the specific challenges for people in the helping professions, there is growing recognition of the need for workers to develop skills and practices that enhance well-being. There is also a growing realization that organizations have a responsibility to support staff by ensuring healthy workplace cultures and practices.
Building Resilient Workers aims to strengthen workers by building their understanding of the potential impact of working in the helping professions, and inviting participants to explore self care and workplace practices known to increase personal and professional resilience.
The workshop outcomes are:
- Learn about the key concepts of workplace stress, burnout, secondary/vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue
- Understand the concepts of Resilience and Self-Care and their importance as a competency for those in the helping professions
- Assess individual feelings, behaviours and signals of stress
- Explore strategies for building resilience and self care in the workplace
- Explore specific strategies that are proven to enhance resilience and well being at a personal level
- Identify your work place needs
- Develop a professional self care plan.