- This event has passed.
Development and evaluation of group work programs Workshop – Wollongong, NSW (Sept)
July 6, 2016$242
This workshop explores best practice in group work program development and use of quality evaluation tools. It allows participants to create their own ‘roadmap’ to review their own programs, create a direction for its’ future development and obtain external feedback. There is an opportunity to examine the flow of exercises being used and also time to reflect on the protocols required to ensure the reliability of the program. Participants in this workshop are encouraged to bring along examples of the group work and evaluation tools they have developed for their target group. The workshop uses the Institute of Group Leaders (IGL) Program Endorsement standards as a benchmark. The IGL standards require that programs:
- Use an explicit model of change
- Identify who should facilitate the program
- Identify what participants should attend this program
- State the program’s length, frequency, intensity and environment
- Use appropriate and balanced selection of interventions and exercises
- Achieve program integrity through the clear use of sound concepts
- Use on-going monitoring and evaluation as part of the program
- Provide evidence of regular program review and refinement
This workshop achieves the following outcomes:
- Develop a ‘roadmap’ for an actual or hypothetical group work program they wish to develop.
- Clarify what type of group work specialisation is being used in the program and identify how this impacts on who can facilitate it and the level of supervision they require.
- Review a framework for the documentation of the above program.
- Identify gaps they need to address for the development of the program.
- Review processes and exercise being used in the program.
- Review some common group work principles that are required in most programs.
- Revise the evaluation tools being used in the program and how they can be improved.