- This event has passed.
DIY Ethical Compliance Framework (2-day) Workshop – Dubbo, NSW
October 27, 2016 @ 9:30 am - October 28, 2016 @ 4:30 pm$484
Developing an ethical/integrity framework for an organisation not only helps you comply with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) regulatory requirements but builds your organisation’s good reputation in the midst of sector reforms.
You don’t need to commission expensive professional service firms to establish this framework. It is something that you can do with the right professional guidance and a little time out from your regular activities. This course will take you from learning about industry tools and techniques to drafting your organisation’s integrity framework, ready for refining in sessions with your board and staff.
This course will allow participants to:
- Understand what is involved in establishing an ethical/integrity framework that meets government/funder and Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) governance requirements.
- Build internal and external support for the framework.
- Draft your organisation’s policies and procedures relevant to the framework, tailored to the work of your organisation.
- Develop a plan for staff and board consultations that will refine the framework and integrate it within the governance systems of the organisation.
- Develop a capacity building plan to effectively implement and monitor the framework. • Deal effectively with allegations against your service in a way that that builds your good reputation in the community and with government.
- Understand and deal with government probity and accountability requirements.
- Learn the principles of internal investigations and anti-corruption.
Target Group: Board members, CEOs, Managers, Centre Coordinators, Risk/Compliance/HR Managers/workers
Participants will gain:
- Awareness of compliance and good practice requirements for professional integrity frameworks, including anti-fraud, anti-corruption and ethical practice.
- Knowledge of how to develop the framework and build the capacity of the organisation to effectively implement it.
- The ability to produce relevant policies and procedures, including those related to the Code of Conduct, reporting processes systems, conflict of interest management, gifts and benefits, secondary employments and internal investigations.
- A draft framework to take back to the organisation.
When: Thursday & Friday, 27-28 October 2016 from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Where: Starlite Room, Dubbo RSL Club Events Centre, Cnr Brisbane and Wingewarra Street, Dubbo
Cost: The early bird booking is $484.00 before 26 September (GST included). The fee for registrations after the 26 September is $594.00 (GST included). Morning tea and lunch are provided.
To register: Register and complete payment below. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.
Facilitator: David Burfoot BA MPS
David is the Director and founder of Ethical Orgs which provides training and consulting on organisational integrity frameworks. This includes helping organisations and PPPs comply with good practice and regulatory requirements in relation to ethical practices, accountability, transparency, anti-corruption/fraud, probity risk management and audit. David has a Masters in Policy Studies from the University of New South Wales and has worked across the not-for-profit, government, and private sectors for organisations as diverse as Cabramatta Community Centre (Youth Worker and Coordinator of Youth Services), the United Nations Development Program (Community Development Specialist), Deloitte, the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption, Sydney University and as an anti-corruption specialist with a number of government agencies. He has an in-depth knowledge not only from a regulator’s perspective but also as a practitioner, working to make programs and frameworks operate successfully within organisations, communities and program environments. He has also managed strategic planning, change, corporate projects and internal communication strategies for large and small organisations.
For more information visit http://ethicalorgs.com/