- This event has passed.
Effective Group Leadership with vulnerable communities workshop – Wollongong, NSW
November 22, 2016 - November 23, 2016$484
The 2-day workshop develops the necessary skills for group leaders to facilitate creative group work. The training covers the principles of using creative group work techniques and tools. The focus includes changing group dynamics, trauma informed group work practice, increased understanding of motivational group work models for change and the use of practical creative exercises. All participants receive a Group Leadership Skills Report on their strengths and areas for development.
Effective leadership is a powerful phenomenon that uses a group leader’s own self confidence and belief systems. This workshop explores the belief systems and interpersonal communication needed by leaders to create vision, hope and a common purpose that unites the energy of the group members. The group leader’s subtle body language and self-presentation skills will be explored as they will impact on ultimate achievement of group members’ goals. Participants are encouraged to have completed basic group work and have some experience in running structured or less structured group work programs.
- explore the use of advanced group facilitation skills
- identify and practice the key skills used in facilitating group work when people have experienced trauma
- use experiential learning and creative adult education principles
- use of multi-sensory tools to increase motivation and support change
- identify ways that work teams or groups fail to warm up to achieve their purpose
- respond to group dynamics and how to promote individual and group change
- practice strengths based group work when responding to existing trauma
- flexibility in leadership roles
- key tasks/attitudinal responses that leaders attend to in the group
- self-presentation as a leader
- development of your group leadership presence.