- This event has passed.
Effective Group Leadership Workshop
June 15 - June 29
Effective Group Leadership is a in-person 2-day workshop which develops the necessary skills for group leaders to facilitate creative group work. The training covers the principles of using creative group work techniques and tools. The focus includes changing group dynamics, increased understanding of motivational group work models for change and the use of practical creative exercises. All participants receive a Group Leadership Skills Report on their strengths and areas for development plus a copy of Continual Change Groupwork: Being an effective group leader (2018).
Effective leadership is a powerful phenomenon that uses a group leader’s own self confidence and belief systems. This workshop explores the belief systems and interpersonal communication needed by leaders to create vision, hope and a common purpose that unites the energy of the group members. The group leader’s subtle body language and self-presentation skills will be explored as they will impact on ultimate achievement of group members’ goals.
Learning Outcomes – Participants will:
- explore the use of group facilitation skills
- identify and practice the key skills used in facilitating strengths based group work
- use experiential learning and creative adult education principles
- use multi-sensory tools to increase motivation and support change
- respond effectively to group dynamics and how to promote individual and group change
- practice strengths-based group work when responding to existing trauma
- develop skills in using flexibility in leadership roles
- understand key tasks/attitudinal responses that leaders attend to in the group
- develop their group leadership presence.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.