- This event has passed.
ENGAGING FAMILIES THROUGH PLAY
November 17, 2017$250
Engaging Families through play is a 1-day experiential workshop. The training covers the use of play as a tool for engagement between parents and children. Using Play has the potential to support helpful communication, support attunement and empathy and will help parents gain a greater understanding of their child’s world. Observing the family at play can offer great insights into the family dynamics.
The course will address basic knowledge and skills about play and play materials in relation to child development as well as factors that can influence healthy play developments in children and parents. It includes practical play exercises, exploration of self in relation to play experiences and play materials and the practice of skills in play facilitation. There will be a list of play ideas and activities available. Participants will also be asked to bring their own ideas and favourite play or toys.
During the training, attention will be given to observations of the dynamics of the family at play and ways of sharing these observations with parents and children to help them gain insight in their interactions.
- Gain knowledge about play and play development
- Examine how play facilitates meaningful interactions
- Explore playful activities and materials
- Gain an understanding of use of self (as group facilitator) in play activities
- Observe family group dynamics
- Develop feedback methods to use with families.