- This event has passed.
Engaging men’s responses to family violence
This workshop explores key skills for working effectively with men’s responses to conflict situations using a child centred approach. It explores practical ways workers can respond when working with men who experience high levels of conflict or use family violence in relationships. It focuses on early intervention work with these men so that they may access other behaviour change resources in their community.
This workshop explores how workers can better engage with men to increase their motivation to access further support to address family violence issues. It builds upon the worker’s experience and introduces a range of practical tools that can be used with clients in a variety of settings responses to conflict to build insight, responsibility and change.
It focuses on:
- the use of the domestic violence framework
- using the generative approach to working with men and conflict/ family violence issues
- using a child centred approach to support change
- ways to focus on respectful relationship skills
- differences between anger management and family violence work
- supporting men to access additional services
- using response based approaches to create insight, responsibility and greater safety
- tools and exercises to use when working with men to enable them to better regulate conflict issues.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.