- This event has passed.
Essential Skills for Effective Workers – Coffs Harbour, NSW
This one day workshop will introduce the participants to a range of essential skills that are vital for working effectively in a helping role. The training will be full of simple tips, ideas and strategies for helping workers provide the best possible service to their clients while enhancing their own well-being. The workshop is seen as being useful for those who are new to a helping role as well as honing the skills of more experienced workers.
The workshop will cover:
- understanding your role and maintaining professional boundaries;
- different ways of promoting positive change in others and finding an approach that fits your role;
- working as efficiently as possible while providing the best possible service to the client;
- working well with others and managing conflict in the workplace;
- getting the most out of supervision;
- building on your own strengths and how to learn from the strengths of others;
- the importance of recording and how to record;
- participating well in meetings and running meetings successfully;
- understanding your own personal style and the vulnerabilities of that style and;
All participants will be provided with detailed notes which will include a list of useful resources in each of the areas covered.