- This event has passed.
Group Counselling Course
July 20 - July 28$1000
The Group Counselling Course is a 4-day experiential course that includes knowledge, skills and experiences deemed necessary for facilitating counselling group programs. The course examines the scope of practice, skills used, group development, group processes and dynamics, group leadership, and standards of training and practice for group leaders.
- Practice of effective communication skills when working in group setting
- Improved management of conflict within the group
- Greater confidence to monitor and respond to group dynamics
- Greater confidence to monitor and respond to safety concerns for self and group members
- Greater use of multisensory tools
- Appropriate and effective use of strengths based approaches in group learning
- Appropriately respond to a range of demonstrated and expressed emotions within groups
- Select and apply a range of groups counselling strategies and interventions
- Deliver interventions in a way that is sensitive to special needs of clients ( gender, age, socioeconomic status, culture/race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, family of origin, larger systems issues of the client)
- Apply systemic theory and practice
- Formulate hypotheses about presenting client problems
- Able to work with voluntary and involuntary clients
- Ability to modify or adapt group interventions
- Evaluation of techniques used in group counselling.