- This event has passed.
Managing online risks while working with children and young people
April 20 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am AEST$121
The ‘Managing online risks while working with children and young people’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training that unpacks the actions that organisations need to take to ensure their children and young people are safe in online environments. This includes ensuring organisations meet their obligations under state and federal Government Child Safe Standards and Principles. This training will explore how organisations can ensure they are providing safe online spaces and how to engage with children and young people in these spaces.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- Risk management in online service delivery and e-communication
- Organisational obligations under Principle 8 of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Updating policies, procedures and agreements in line with an online safety focus
- Online grooming
- Talking to children and young people about being online
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the child in an online environment
- Maintaining engagement with children and young people in an online environment
- Enhance risk management capabilities regarding online platforms and online service delivery
- Increase skill and confidence to communicate effectively and maintain engagement with children and young people
- Learn how to maintain a child safe culture as you navigate online service delivery
- Increase knowledge of online grooming behaviour
- Gain an understanding of how to make livestreaming and other online communication methods safer
- Learn key points about delivering effectively online including group agreements and the importance of children and young people understanding the rules
Who should attend
Staff and volunteers delivering services that support children, young people and families. This virtual training is also recommended for those who manage front-facing staff or who have responsibility for keeping children safe via a child safeguarding portfolio.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.