Understanding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
July 9 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am AEST$121
‘Understanding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program that aims to provide participants with a clear understanding of the Australian child safety context. It aims to provide a practical understanding of the requirements and indicators of the National Principles through a range of interactive activities and shared stories.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by 2 experienced Child Wise trainers and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- The Australian child safety context
- Exploring a child-centred approach
- An overview of the 10 National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Exploring the practical application of the Principles
- Gain an understanding of the Australian child safety context
- Understand the indicators of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations (Principles)
- Learn how to apply the Principles in practice
- Learn how to build a child safe culture that promotes the empowerment of children and young people in your organisation
Who should attend
Staff and volunteers that work with children and/or young people, both directly and indirectly.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.