- This event has passed.
Vicarious Trauma: Could it happen to you?
August 21, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm AEST$275
In this one day workshop the following areas of Vicarious Trauma will be covered:
- What is Vicarious trauma and is it different to burn out and compassion fatigue?
- How do I know if I am suffering from Vicarious trauma?
- What do I need to do if I feel that I am suffering from Vicarious Trauma?
- What methods can I use in my workplace to help me to not suffer from Vicarious Trauma?
- Process what has been covered in the workshop to better reflect, understand and apply the information regarding Vicarious Trauma presented in the workshop.
By attending this workshop, the following areas will be better understood:
- Gain greater awareness of the impact of Vicarious Trauma on myself and my work place
- Awareness of how I need the organisation I work for to support the trauma work I am involved with
- Ability to be aware of where I am in the vicarious matrix
- Keeping myself emotionally healthy and resilient
Suitable for: Counsellors and/or group workers working in the field of trauma or those who are interested in this area of work and the impact that vicarious trauma can have on the helping professions.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.