Website Relationships Australia Northern Territory
Welcome to Relationships Australia Northern Territory:
Relationships Australia Northern Territory (RA-NT) is a community-based, not-for-profit, non-government organisation providing a broad range of services, which are for all members of the community regardless of religion, belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background or economic circumstances.
We believe Relationships Matter and respectful relationships can empower people to belong, connect and have meaning and confidence to meet the challenges of our time
About the role:
The primary functions of the role of the Manager of Counselling are to provide leadership, positive influence and operational support in the Family and Relationship Services program area.
Our team of counsellors specialise in working with individuals, couples, families, and children focusing on all kinds of relationships within a very diverse population. The counsellors embrace a wide variety of modalities, however, adhere to a common set of values, practice standards and compliances that ground the work.
For this role you will value intelligent work practices, honesty, integrity, and being a part of something bigger. With a long and reputable history of service delivery, we are excited to continue to build on our future in the Northern Territory. We have offices in Darwin, Katherine, and Alice Springs.
This is a permanent full time position. Your role is based in Darwin, but we are asking you to lead our NT counselling team across the programs’ service delivery entire footprint. Occasional travel is therefore required as part of the support provided to the counselling team.
As a clinical leader you will have experience in:
- The provision of counselling practices and leading teams in this area
- Understanding of risk management assessment and response
- Leads the implementation of quality management processes and develops and implements improvements to existing processes related to counselling services and resources.
- A demonstrated understanding of the social and gendered context of family violence and an ability to build on and inspire what is already a great team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and best practice
- Ability to identify and drive development of your team and your portfolio
- Managing and evaluating the performance of your team
- Engage with the community to increase participation and to promote your portfolio
- Build relationships with all stakeholders
At Relationships Australia NT we are constantly evolving, the needs and expectations of the business and our team are too. We work hard and expect our best. We believe in supporting each other however we can. So, if you are looking to champion change and positive outcomes that are reflective of the values and goals of Relationships Australia then we would like to partner with you to achieve success.
What We Offer:
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing. We play an active role in the professional development of our staff.
- Competitive Salary + 10% Super + Salary Sacrifice (up to $15,899 for tax free benefits and $2,650 p/a for entertainment benefits)
- Relocation support – financial and social (Our team want you to feel like you belong and will help you settle in)
- Professional Development allowance
- 5 weeks annual leave with leave loading
- + 3 days extra leave between Christmas and New year
- 10 days study leave
- EAP for employees and family
- Access for all abilities
- Cultural Fitness
- Wellbeing Allowance
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or equivalent
- ‘Eligibility’ for APS, AASW or other equivalent counsellor/therapist professional membership.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of staff
- Proven leadership and team development skills
- Competence in the provision of clinical supervision, couple or family therapy, counselling, group work and trauma informed practice.
- Experience in delivering quality customer service to a diverse range of people, including but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, LGBTIQ+ and people with disabilities.
- Ability to undertake professional and community liaison work, and networking within the community, service providers and government agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the programs and organisation externally.
- Able to use technology competently (including Microsoft office programs and client databases).
- General management skills
How to apply:
- To apply please submit a Cover Letter addressing selection criteria (no longer than 1 page) and an up-to-date Resume including two Referees to www.nt.relationships.org.au.
- Applications will be processed as received and only successful candidates will be contacted.
- To discuss this position further please contact Belinda Emmerson-Whyte on 08 8923 4999.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ra-nt.org.au.