- This event has passed.
Tough Conversations™ for School Leaders | WEBINAR
August 16, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm AEST$369
This course addresses the well-recognised occurrence of difficulties that school leaders face through often having to discuss sensitive, difficult subjects. Significant levels of stress for school leaders can be reduced when those conversations are handled with the skills taught in this professional development course.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Improved knowledge of how to negotiate a solution to a problem using a scripted mediation process.
- Better understanding of how to be less affected by someone becoming frustrated and how to manage their emotional distress.
- Strategies to progress the conversation towards a pre-planned outcome.
- Practical demonstrations of principals and school leaders managing difficult parent and staff behaviour, including what to do and what to say to achieve better outcomes.
- Readings and literature for follow-up research.
“One of the best training sessions I have attended in over 20 years. The blend of education and psychological skills make the day pass quickly. The role plays were excellent because they provided insight into real life situations.” – JANETTE ATCHISON, WOODCREST STATE COLLEGE
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.