Building a child safeguarding culture and influencing change
July 23 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am AEST$121
‘Building a child safeguarding culture and influencing change’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program that examines the importance of child safety at every level. It aims to help participants develop an understanding of the tools used to assess their organisation’s maturity on a child safety spectrum. Our facilitators will take attendees through the journey of a child safety officer, examine different operating structures and present tools to help plan a longer-term strategy.
This virtual training program works well in conjunction with our ‘Understanding the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations’ program.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by 2 experienced Child Wise trainers and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- Child safety governance and organisational structures
- A whole of organisation approach to resourcing and roles
- Child safety assessment methods
- A long-term approach to implementation
- Learnings and tips from child safety champions, including avoiding burnout
- Learn how to plan for a sustainable, long-term implementation of the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- Gain an understanding of the importance of resourcing requirements and clear governance structures
- Learn the key elements of child safety assessment
- Understand the role of a Child Safety Officer
Who should attend
This virtual training program is recommended for experienced professionals who have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people. This can include senior leaders and managers, including CEOs and Board Members, as well as HR professionals who have prior training or knowledge of child protection.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.