- This event has passed.
The Australian Child Safety Legislative Landscape
July 23 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm AEST$121
‘The Australian Child Safety Legislative Landscape’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training program which aims to provide a high-level overview of the main pieces of child safety related legislation for organisations that work or engage with children and young people across the country.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by 2 experienced Child Wise trainers and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- An examination of Australia’s legislative landscape before and after the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse
- The intersection of policy and legislation
- How to stay up-to-date
- Gain an understanding of key pieces of Australian child safety legislation
- Understand the findings of the Royal Commission and the risks to children within organisations
- Understand your organisation’s responsibilities within the current legislative context
Who should attend
This virtual training program is recommended for experienced professionals who have a responsibility to lead the implementation of a child safe environment for children and young people either directly or indirectly. This can include senior leaders and managers, including CEOs and Board Members, as well as HR professionals who have prior training or knowledge of child protection.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.