- This event has passed.
DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION OF GROUP WORK PROGRAMS WORKSHOP (SEPT)
September 15, 2016$200
This workshop explores best practice in group work program development and quality evaluation tools. It also allows participants to review their own programs and obtain feedback. The workshop uses the Institute of Group Leaders (IGL) Program Endorsement standards as a benchmark.
The IGL standards require that programs:
- Use an explicit model of change
- Identify who should facilitate the program
- Identify what participants should attend this program
- State the program’s length, frequency, intensity and environment
- Use appropriate and balanced selection of interventions and exercises
- Achieve program integrity through the clear use of sound concepts
- Use on-going monitoring and evaluation as part of the program
- Provide evidence of regular program review and refinement.