Handle with Care™-Staff safety and defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive
The training package entitled Handle with Care™-Staff safety and defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive, developed by David Cherry covers:
- Managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances;
- Minimising risk;
- Legal issues;
- Guidelines for managing difficult situations;
- General principles for managing difficult behaviour;
- Using language that does not create resistance;
- A suggested structure for some difficult conversations;
- Dealing with individuals according to their different anger triggers and;
- Communication skills and strategies for defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.