- This event has passed.
Managing Vicarious Trauma eWorkshop 12-May-2022
May 12 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm AEST$195
This eWorkshop is for anybody who may be affected by the distress of those that they may be assisting.
The eWorkshop will provide the participants with simple, practical strategies for preparing to work in difficult environments and coping as well as possible when in a difficult work environment.
The eWorkshop will cover:
• Vicarious Trauma and Its Impact
• Preparing to Work in a Difficult Environment
• Possible Reactions to Being Involved in a Difficult Situation
• Looking After Yourself After a Difficult Situation
• When to Get Professional Support
• The Difference Between Emotional Support and Counselling
• Looking After Others After a Difficult Situation
• Supporting a Suicidal Individual
• Supporting a Colleague who may have Mental Health Concerns
When: Thursday, 12th May 2022 from 9:30am to 12.30pm.
Where: Online eWorkshop via Zoom. If payment has been received, you will receive the Zoom details in the week prior to the eWorkshop .
Cost: The early bird booking is $195.00 (GST incl) if registered before 29th April 2022, after the 29th April the Full Price is $250.00 (GST incl). Payment is required before attending the eWorkshop.
To register: Register and complete payment. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.
Facilitator: David Cherry
David Cherry is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for over 40 years. David has provided training for staff in health, education, aged care, disability and those working with the homeless on managing vicarious trauma. He has also provided training for emergency services staff on supporting others after difficult incidents. David was a volunteer with the Victorian SES for 4 years during which time he was involved in road crash rescue, searches, assisting people after storms and other duties.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.