- This event has passed.
*NEW* Child Safety in Emergencies
November 11, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm AEDT$121
Child Wise specialises in advising organisations and communities on how they can provide a safe and empowering environment for children and young people. The ‘Child Safety in Emergencies’ is a 2-hour virtual classroom training designed to provide evidence-based information about planning for the physical and emotional safety and wellbeing of children and young people in an emergency response environment.
What is virtual classroom training?
Virtual classroom training is essentially a teaching and learning environment where participants can interact, communicate, view and discuss presentations, and engage with learning resources while working in groups, all in an online setting. It is a live, interactive training session facilitated by an experienced Child Wise trainer and limited to a small class of up to 20 participants to ensure a complete learning experience for you. Once you have submitted the evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
How does our virtual classroom training work?
You will receive an email closer to the date with a link to register and join the virtual classroom.
- Guidelines for a Child Friendly Emergency response
- Barriers and challenges to a safe site
- Vulnerability of children and the impacts of trauma
- Identifying vulnerable children and families
- What we can do before, during and after an emergency
- Child Friendly Spaces
- Empowering children
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risk of child abuse
- Build understanding of the specific needs of children and young people in emergency settings
- Increase knowledge of a child safe site
- Understand the impact of trauma on children
- Build knowledge around possible child safe risks in an emergency setting
- Understand practical ways to engage children and young people
- Increase knowledge of Child Friendly spaces
Who should attend
This program is suitable for staff who work in Emergency response, including those involved in HR and volunteer management and planning of emergency responses, as well as Child Safety Officers.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.