Tough Conversations in Child Protection | Melbourne
August 1 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$299
Tough Conversations in Child Protection is a one-day course for child protection professionals and family workers to help them to hold the often-challenging conversations with parents in child protection.
The course teaches a method to:
- Identify and clearly articulate the strengths and deficits in parents’ caring capacity so that parents have a clear future work plan.
- Comprehensively gather information for holding a factual tough conversation so that as many facts (as can be reasonably gathered) can be brought to bear in conversations with parents.
- Defuse antagonism during a tough conversation while holding a firm line.
- Identify the important ‘dashboard’ markers for parents so that everyone has clarity about what is expected within a given timespan.
Please note that this is not a train-the-trainer course and it is not designed for the subsequent on-training of other workers back at your workplace. Participants will sign a training agreement to this effect on the day of training.
- Training in how to conduct difficult conversations using a script to achieve accountability
- Lunch and refreshments
- A terrific opportunity to spend time with other child protection workers.
Please note that posting onto the Events & Training calendar is reserved for FRSA Members only.